The Center for Khmer Studies’ (CKS) mission is to support research and teaching in the social sciences, arts and humanities as they relate to Cambodia. Since its founding in 1998, CKS has aimed to foster understanding of Cambodia and the Mekong region.
CKS brings the experience and strength of more than 15 years’ operating in Cambodia, and solid established partnerships, while at the same time proposing a dynamic working environment with lot of room for initiative, professional empowerment, and rapid decision making.
The Marketing & Communications Officer is charged with finding creative ways to reach current and new audiences, beyond our existing communication channels. The incumbent will produce fresh new content as well as arriving at a set of distribution strategies that may include new social channels, public relations outlets, establishing partnerships with like-minded organizations or sites, or launching new marketing campaigns. Each activity will generate audience insights to inform and evolve future strategies. The incumbent will create and manage an integrated marketing and communications calendar tracking content and campaigns across delivery channels, as well as manage volunteers when available.
Ideas, ideas, ideas. The Marketing & Communications Officer will constantly be thinking about smart ways of reaching out to people, figuring out how to be relevant to them, figuring out what they’re thinking and talking about and how to work CKS into the conversations they’re having. While the Officer will have a clear point of view, every decision will be informed by the spirit of the CKS mission. The Officer will be granted ample leeway and encouraged to pursue their vision with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Create and manage an integrated marketing and communications calendar
- Create and manage content (written, photography, video, etc.) for all communication channels to support CKS programs, events, and donor campaigns
- Securely manage and organize CKS contact lists
- Manage the website and publish content
- Create and run eMail programs with A/B testing, automation and optimization
- Manage social channels including Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Create and manage online ad campaigns especially search engine marketing
- Manage projects and campaigns from end-to-end
- Generate reports and insights across platforms and campaigns, leveraging Google Analytics
- Provide input to CKS Director and Board on the overarching Marketing Strategy and Roadmap
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent English language skills for verbal and written communication
- Fluent in the Khmer language
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and partner-management skills
- Solid understanding of the digital user experience, information architecture, SEO, and creative best practices
- Able to synthesize marketing data to optimize programs
- Act with agility, build on what works, fail fast, and learn from mistakes
- Highly organized; ability to work independently with attention to detail and quality
- Knowledge of emerging digital marketing trends and platforms, and the ability to integrate them into existing strategies
- Familiar with G Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Google Marketing Platform (Search Console, Ads, Analytics), social media business tools, and donor management tools
- Creative spirit; always ready to absorb and apply new knowledge
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email (mentioning the position name in the email subject) a detailed CV and a short cover letter (max 1 page) describing how their qualifications and experiences match the position requirements, no later than close of business on 30 March 2020, to: email@example.com