The Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) library is a specialized library of academic and open to the public, operating in the heart of Siem Reap. It provides the essential services of ensuring open access to materials on Cambodian and Southeast Asian history and culture. Its diversified book collection serves as an invaluable information resource to local and foreign readers, including scholars and researchers in Khmer and Southeast Asian Studies.
The library, situated at Wat Damnak, Siem Reap, is looking for a qualified candidate to fulfill the position of
LIBRARIAN ASSISTANT, a full-time job.
- Supervisor: Head of Library
- Location: Siem Reap
- Schedule: Full-time (1-year contract with possibility of extension)
- Salary: based on competency
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintaining statistics of library and library children users.
- Assisting readers and visitors in general including children library.
- Provide library information including children library.
- Ensuring everyone fills in the visitor book.
- Responsible for issue readers, researcher and children card.
- Manage the readers in the library and outside the library including children library every 15 minutes.
- Responsible for books that reader read inside and outside the library.
- Responsible children books and children material (color, pencil…etc.)
- Responsible all materials/Equipment’s in the library.
- Tidying the Library and re-shelving books at the end of each day including children library.
- Archiving of all Newspapers is up-to-date.
- Books repairing (change new label, new covers, and change color as need).
- Labeling, laminating and shelving of all the new books.
- Provide all readers feedback and send it to library office.
- Responsible all CKS books sale in the library and report it.
- All the books and Newspapers are shelved and stored properly without any supervision.
- Help the readers for photocopies request.
- Report any issue to the Head librarian and Research librarian.
- Monthly report to head librarian.
- Be a Cambodian and preferably be a Siem Reap resident
- Finished high school
- Have an intermediate level of English in writing and speaking
- Have computer skills (Microsoft Office and internet searching skills)
- Have good communication
- Have high interest in books, education and learning about libraries
Interested candidates should bring their CV and a one-page cover letter stating their interest in the position, to Ms. Chhor Siveleng at CKS located in Wat Damnak, Siem Reap, OR send them via e-mail library@Khmerstudies.org, Tel: 016 938 814/085 729 977
Applications will be accepted until 6th of December 2019. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.