The Khmer Language and Culture Study Program (KLCP) is designed for those who wish to develop Khmer language skills and understanding of contemporary Cambodian society for academic and professional purposes, but who have not completed two years of formal language training. It is an intensive eight-week program from June 22 to August 14, 2020 in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. It is a beginner level which is attended by faculty, post-graduate researchers and undergraduates from U.S. universities. This ongoing program is administered in collaboration and conjunction with the Advanced Study of Khmer program of University of Hawai’I at Mānoa (UHM) funded by Fulbright-Hays.
For more details about the program click here: https://khmerstudies.org/programs/khmer-language-and-culture-studies/
CKS is looking for:
- One Khmer Language Instructor to teach the Khmer beginner level in Siem Reap (First 4 weeks)
- One Khmer Language Instructor to teach the Khmer beginner level in Phnom Penh (another 4 weeks)
- OR preferably ONE Khmer Language Instructor who is able to teach in both Phnom Penh and Siem
Roles and Responsibilities
- Teach beginner level of Khmer language/culture to students from the USA by using the CKS textbook for Writing and Reading (instructor can also include more materials to support his/her teaching).
Morning schedule is fixed : from Monday to Friday, from 8:00AM to 12 noon. Afternoon schedule is flexible depending on the program activities and shared duties with the Field Coordinator and teaching assistants (TAs). In General, from 2:00-5:00 PM on Monday and Thursday: work with NGOs/speakers , and on Tuesday and Friday: work on projects with students .
- Related activities are, but are not limited to, reserving at least 3 hours of office work per week and continuing working on updating/refining the curriculum, activities and teaching with the Field Coordinator and Project Director.
- Pre-Departure Phase: working about 5-10 hours on refining and preparing curriculum and syllabus with local Field Coordinator and Project Director (one month prior to the start of the program).
- Work full-time : from 22 June to 14 August 2020, first 4 weeks in Phnom Penh and the last 4 weeks in Siem Reap.
- Khmer nationality
- Having significant knowledge of Khmer language, culture, history and current issues.
- Holding MA degree in linguistics, literatures or equivalent
- Having experiences in teaching Khmer language to foreigners
- Having experiences in teaching Khmer language at University level
- Having very good English level
- Having knowledge of integrating technology in language/culture teaching ; energetic and innovative.
Interested Candidates should send a CV (2 pages max) and one-page cover letter outlining their related qualifications for the job by e-mail to Ms. Samedy Suong via firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title: Application for Khmer Language Instructor in PNP or SRP or both.