CKS is looking for a qualified national candidate for the post of Head Librarian. This position will be based in Siem Reap at CKS headquarters in Wat Damnak. The Head Librarian will report to the Director and Head of Programs
The mission of the Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) is to support research and teaching in the social sciences, arts and humanities as they relate to Cambodia. Since our founding in 1998, CKS has aimed to foster understanding of Cambodia and the Mekong region.
CKS brings the experience and strength of more than fifteen years operating in Cambodia along with established partnerships with local and international organizations. Operating from both Siem Reap (headquarters) and Phnom Penh, CKS offers a dynamic working environment with plenty of room for initiative, innovative thinking, professional empowerment, and rapid decision-making.
- Supervise the Research and Assistant Librarians
- Prepare monthly and annual library reports
- Develop an annual work plan and budget plan and monitor their implementation
- Initiate new programs related to the library
- Promote the CKS library and fundraising efforts
- Maintain good communication and relations with CKS board members and other partners
- Carry out book cataloging and ensure smooth operations of the database
- Manage the access to JSTOR and ensure its compliance with JSTOR policy
- Represent CKS in local and international workshops
- Provide technical support to partner institutions
- Provide library training for other institutions/partners
- Mentor his/her supervisees in terms of work quality and self-improvement
- Graduate/postgraduate diploma or Master’s degree in Information Science/Management or other relevant fields
- Experience working as a head librarian for more than 2 years
- Or experience working in a library for more than 4 years
- Knowledge of the library program—NewGenLib
- ICT skills
- Management and negotiation skills
Interested qualified candidates should submit one-page cover letter and CV (2 pages max). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.