The Center Khmer Studies (CKS) a freelance publication designer manage design, editing, printing The magazine English-language publication and about 30 pages in length. Please find the most recent edition In Focus here.
– Configure text and photos into a balanced, professional, and visually appealing format based on CKS’s existing layout for In Focus (which will be provided to the selected candidate) using the Adobe InDesign program.
– Work together with the US-based editor-in-chief to address all textual and graphic issues, including a color chart, and ultimately finalize the publication design. (Note: the selected candidate may work from their preferred location and will not be required to relocate to the United States or Cambodia.)
- Printing quality assurance
– Work directly with the printing house to ensure the printing quality of the finished product and compliance with all CKS design requests
- Facility with the Adobe InDesign program
- A sufficient level of English to communicate with US-based staff
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to respond to all comments from the editor-in-chief in a timely and precise manner
- Knowledge and experience working with printing houses to deliver high-quality printed products
Interested candidates should send a short CV (2 pages max), a price quotation for their services, and samples of their previous work (in PDF format or as a link) to the email address below with “Application for In Focus Publication Designer” as the subject line.