The Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) supports research and teaching in the social sciences, arts, and humanities as they relate to Cambodia. Founded in 1999, CKS aims to foster understanding of Cambodia and the Mekong region through its international fellowship programs for students and scholars, workshops, conferences, research programs, and library. With offices in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, and New York; CKS maintains numerous partnerships with local and international organizations and universities.
CKS provides an internship opportunity to a Cambodian undergraduate or fresh graduate in Media, Communications, Journalism, or another related field who wishes to gain first-hand experience in communications professional.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Marketing and Communications officer, the Communications Intern will:
- Produce and design media content: (video, graphic design, written, and photography) for social media, email campaigns, the CKS website and newsletter.
- Manage communication channels: (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Website) update communications calendar, publish content, and generate reports across platforms and campaigns.
- Organize online and in person events: update the event calendar/report, collect materials for event announcements, host Zoom meetings/webinars and manage Facebook Live.
- Assist other communications and outreach tasks as assigned.
- Education: Cambodian undergraduate or fresh graduate in Media, Communications, Journalism, or another related field
- Video Production Skills: Basic understanding of DSLR Camera, Adobe Premiere/After Effect or other video editing applications, and OBS Studio.
- Graphic Design Skills: Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/or Canva for digital and print communication materials.
- Digital Skills: Basic understanding of social media page management, Zoom, WordPress, and Google services.
- Eager to gain working experience in an NGO and multicultural working environment
- Desire to perform community and non-profit work
- Good English language skills (for both verbal and written communication)
- Fluent Khmer language skills (for both verbal and written communication)
- Ability to work in a team and independently, with attention to detail and quality
- Open-minded, creative, and willing to learn more
- Monthly remuneration
- Orientation on CKS programs and guidance on how to perform the job
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Internship certificate from CKS upon successfully completion
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their application through this ONLINE FORM