The Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) supports research and teaching in the social sciences, arts, and humanities as they relate to Cambodia. Founded in 1999, CKS aims to foster understanding of Cambodia and the Mekong region through its international fellowship programs for students and scholars, workshops, conferences, research programs, and library. With offices in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, and Washington, DC; CKS maintains numerous partnerships with local and international organizations and universities.
CKS is offering an internship opportunity to a Cambodian undergraduate or recent graduate in Media, Communications, Journalism, or related field who wishes to gain hands-on experience in the communications profession.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Marketing and Communications Officer, the Communications Intern will:
- Assist in the production of media content: (video, graphic design, written, and photography) for social media, email campaigns, the CKS website and newsletter.
- Assist in posting on CKS social media: (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Website), update communications calendar, publish content, and generate reports across platforms and campaigns.
- Assist in organizing online and in person events: update the event calendar/report, collect materials for event announcements, host Zoom meetings/webinars and manage Facebook Live.
- Assist other communications and outreach tasks as assigned.
- Education: Cambodian undergraduate or recent graduate in Media, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Video Production Skills: Basic understanding of DSLR Camera, Adobe Premiere/After Effect or other video editing applications, and OBS Studio.
- Graphic Design Skills: Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/or Canva for digital and print communication materials.
- Digital Skills: Basic understanding of social media page management, Zoom, WordPress, and Google services.
- Good English language skills (for both verbal and written communication)
- Fluent Khmer language skills (for both verbal and written communication)
- Eager to gain working experience in an NGO and multicultural working environment
- Desire to perform community and non-profit work
- Ability to work in a team and independently, with attention to detail and quality
- Open-minded, creative, and willing to learn more
- Receive monthly remuneration
- Gain professional work experience in an international organization
- Develop new skills in marketing and communications
- Network expansion
- Certificate from CKS upon successfully completing the internship