Opened in 2001, the CKS Library aims to promote a culture of reading in the community and provide resources for research and education to teachers, students, scholars and the public about Cambodia and the Mekong region.
It is our pleasure to invite younger readers to participate in CKS’ library contest “Read More, Know More.”
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- Cambodian nationals only
- Must be between 15 and 22 years old
- Contestants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parents or guardian to participate in the contest. (The consent statement is in the application form.)
Eligible applicants are invited to send a self-made video-recording targeted towards one of the following three purposes:
- Promoting CKS Library use: This should include the benefits of visiting the library in-person, online, or both; and accessing its resources and collections.
- Promoting good reading habits: The content may include tips on how to make reading more fun, enjoyable, etc.; or you can choose to share how reading benefits them.
- Promoting particular reading materials: such as a book, or set of magazines or journals available at the CKS Library that you love reading and want to recommend to others.
Helpful Tip! Creativity approaches to the content and the video production is encouraged!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Your topic and video content are relevant to our theme.
- Your video shoot is produced within CKS campus.
- The total video length must be between 5-7 minutes, and must be in mp4 file format.
- You may use a mobile phone or camera to record your video.
- The contestant must be the main presenter in the video.
- The presentation in the video may be in English or Khmer. There are no language restrictions on the reading materials you may choose for your video.
- The reading material shared in your video must be sourced from CKS Library.
- At the beginning of your video, you will introduce yourself by giving your name, grade, school name, city and the topic of your video.
- Only videos that comply with the terms and conditions above will be chosen and evaluated by the judging committee.
EVALUATION PROCESS & CRITERIA
The videos will be judged entirely by the judging committee with the CKS library team. 3 winner’s videos will be selected and posted on CKS social media. The video submissions will be evaluated based on:
- The quality of the video in terms of creativity, interest, content.
- Choice of the background/locations,
- Presentation style of the video and the presenter
- The inspiration/ message the audience may receive from the video.
HOW TO APPLY
- Step 1: Finalize your video
- Step 2: Register your participation and submit your recorded video in the online form
Deadline extended until April 30, 2022 at 5:00 PM (Cambodia Time)
The 3 winner’s videos will be announced on the CKS social media pages.
- The 1st place winner will receive a JBL Endurance Run BT and a certificate from CKS library
- The 2nd place winner will receive a JBL go 3 and a certificate from CKS library
- The 3rd place winner will receive a Mi band smart watch and a certificate CKS library
For more information regarding the contest and CKS Library, please contact the number 017363932 or email [email protected]