The Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) supports research and teaching in the social sciences, arts, and humanities as they relate to Cambodia. Since its founding in 1998, CKS has aimed to foster deeper understanding of Cambodia and of the wider Mekong region.
CKS boasts over twenty years of experience operating in Cambodia and has established partnerships with a multitude of local and international organizations.
CKS seeks a qualified Cambodian national to serve as an Administrative and Accounting Assistant. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the CKS Finance Manager and collaborate closely with our Program Officer.
On the administrative front, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Purchasing and maintaining all office stationery.
- Dispatching documents upon request.
- Maintaining contracts, agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other important documents in a designated file.
- Answering telephone calls and taking necessary messages.
- Dropping off and receiving mail at the post office.
- Taking photographs for various CKS reports and exporting them to our Google Drive.
- Completing scheduled computer maintenance, such as ensuring up-to-date anti-virus software.
- Regularly checking all CKS buildings and other facilities for termite damage.
- Supervising security and groundskeeping personnel.
- Managing the guards’ monthly schedule and organizing maintenance personnel meetings.
- Recording all leave taken by staff and updating their individual leave balances.
- Coordinating staff insurance renewal.
- Supporting the renewal of memoranda of understanding with national ministries as well as with Wat Damnak.
- Updating our inventory of assets on an annual basis.
On the logistical front, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing various proposals and quotations, including verbal quotations and procurement requests.
- Preparing and circulating CKS public event announcements with local universities and institutions in Siem Reap.
- Assisting in the reservation of lodging, transportation, and other accommodations for CKS staff and guests as needed.
- Supporting all other CKS programming as needed.
On the accounting front, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing payment request forms in compliance with CKS’ finance policies.
- Producing monthly petty cash reports.
- Distributing signed checks.
- Preparing employees’ salary and payroll letter requests.
- Preparing employees’ time sheet sand monthly pay slips.
- Paying monthly bills for utilities, services, and other goods.
- Managing and filing payment vouchers, invoices, receipts, pay slips, travel authorization forms, travel advances, and expense reports.
- Managing all necessary documents under Cambodia’s tax policy.
An ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be a Cambodian national.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Have at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Be a strong verbal and written communicator in English.
- Possess skills in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Be able to develop clear budgets and expense reports.
- Have a strong background in the management of finances, assets, and human resources, including staff contract management.
- Be knowledgeable about procurement procedures and general administration.
- Have strong ethics and personal values – that is, be committed to honesty, transparency, and accountability in their work.
- Be equally able to work on a team as well as individually with limited supervision.
- Be able to clearly communicate information within their team and with partner organizations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a detailed CV and short cover letter (max 1 page) describing how their qualifications match the position requirements no later than 24 May 2020 to Sreypich Tith ([email protected]).
A competitive salary and benefits package will be provided based on the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications. CKS values professionalism, diversity, and results. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.